The 2021 Lunar Nova™ Is The Future of City Commuting
Lunar Scooters is proud to offer the all-new 2021 Lunar Nova™ (Lightweight, 28 mph, 48v Brushless Lithium Smart Electric Scooter). This is the most powerful and compact city scooter on the market. Reach speeds up to 28 mph** on flat roads and 40+ mph downhill speeds. You will blow by any 17 mph city rental scooter you see! Stylish tube lighting gives a modern glow, while the front and rear LED lights to help see and be seen. State-of-the-art speedometer/odometer (built-in cruiser control) with battery life indicator, front drum and back electric brakes, loud horn, and front, and rear suspension are just a few of the fun things waiting for you to try out on the new Nova. Weighing in at just 40 pounds the Lunar Nova™ pushes out a whopping 600 watts of brushless power from its hub motor built into the rear wheel. Because this is a complete freewheel kick scooter (no chains) this means no noise, no need to ever grease up chains, no snagging on pants legs, and an endless kick range when the battery is not needed. To help get you up those hills (rated with a 250 weight limit) this scooter has a very powerful 48 volt 11 amp Lithium battery pack, which will allow you to get up to 25 miles per charge. Cut through the traffic and let’s get you where you need to go.
WHO LOVES OUR LUNAR NOVA™ ?
- The Urban Commuter: With a weight capacity of 250 pounds this scooter can move you
- The Student: Nova can tackle the hills on campus and get you to class as fast or as slow as you want)
- The Techy: All the bells and whistles of today’s latest technology you would want and expect from a Lunar)
- The Train/Bus Rider: Ease of portability (super lightweight and easy to carry)
- The Joy Rider: Hit 28 MPH! Enough said.
2021 Lunar Nova™ Specifications:
- MOTOR: 48V 600w brushless hub motor
- BATTERY: 48V 11A lithium-ion (certified UL listed)
- CHARGE SYSTEM: 110v lithium lightning-fast smart charger 2-color LED status indicator
- CHARGE TIME: On average the battery from completely drained to fully charged takes around 5 hours. The battery can be charged back up to full at any stage
- CONTROLLER: Hi-tech 600w smart power control box
- TOP MAX SPEED: 28 MPH flat, 40+ downhill (Based on a 150-pound rider on flat terrain) NOTE: some cities have speed restrictions for legality- for example, this machine is NYC street legal! In gear 2 it will stay under 20mph. This unit has 3 gears to choose from. When switched onto gear 1- its top speed is 12mph, on gear 2 its top speed is 20 mph and on gear 3 its top speed is 28 mph. These are estimates.
- RANGE: 25 miles per charge (based on a 150-pound rider, avg speed on flat terrain)
- DASHBOARD: Smart LCD display (odometer, speedometer, battery gauge). You can also activate/deactivate a cruise control function. Equipped on the underside of the dashboard is a USB outlet for instant power to charge your phone or devices. Never run out of juice on your smart device again! thanks to built-in fast charging power.
- BRAKING: When the brakes are engaged the LED side lights flash/blink to alert viewers
- HANDLEBARS: Foldable and fully adjustable up/down in height to accommodate small and tall riders
- STANDING FOOT AREA: 8.5-inch wide large standing foot area (grip tape keeps shoes from sliding)
- BRAKES: front drum, and electric rear brakes (when engaged in rear a smooth electronic secure tightening engages)
- WHEEL PSI: Front-wheel requires 50 P.S.I air. Rear-wheel is where the motor is. Thus no air is required in the rear wheel. Its thick rubber
- KICKSTAND: No. Just kidding. That would be mean if it didn’t. Of course it has a kickstand!
- TIRES: proportionally sized 8.5″ all-weather off-road/street tires
- LIGHTS: LED front/rear lights/brake lights. Tubular acrylic red accent lights (press and hold the “MODE” button for three seconds to engage
- HORN: Built-in bell
- GEAR SPEEDS: The Nova has 3 gear speed options. 1- restricts speed to 12 mph. speed 2 restricts to 19 mph, speed 3 restricts to 28 mph (downhill can reach 40 mph)
- SUSPENSION: Front and rear dual spring suspension
- FOLDING: Yes-locking 2-second quick-release- Multi-stage locking as well. Meaning you can easily hold/carry the machine in 3 separate modes and allows for easy pick up on and off vehicles thanks to its clever locking/unlocking style.
- FRAME: Ultra-strong aluminum alloy (lightweight and super durable and rustproof)
- WEIGHT: 40 LBS
- MAX RIDER WEIGHT: 250 LBS
- WATERPROOF: Fully protected against solid objects and splashing of water from any angle
- WORKING TEMPERATURE: Can be used in climates from 14 °F To 104 °F degrees Fahrenheit
- SPLASH FENDER: Yes
- COLOR: Jet Black
- ASSEMBLY: Comes 95% fully assembled unbox, pop on the front tire (ask for tire assembly video if needed) put air in tires & ride
- SCOOTER DIMENSIONS: 43 inches long, 45 inches tall from the ground to top of handlebars fully extended, 8.5 inches wide
Click below to see video footage of the Lunar Nova™ in action™
Click below to see video footage of the LED light test on the Lunar Nova™ in action™
Click below to see video footage of the Lunar Nova™ speed test with a 150 pound rider™
The electric motor and 8.5″ inflatable wheels offer a silent and comfortable ride, so you can quietly and efficiently arrive at your destination
Tedious urban trips become fun! You will find any excuse to get out and ride
Folding, charging, using, transporting, storing the Lunar Nova™ is so easy!
The rear wheel is directly driven by the electric engine without mechanical transmission. The count of wearing parts is, thus, reduced to an absolute minimum. Maintenance is simplified
The strength and durability of the frame is provided by high-performance aluminum alloy making it lightweight and super strong at the same time
What is the difference between a brushed and brushless electric motor?
The 2021 Lunar Nova™ uses the newest technology and houses a brushless motor. The basic difference is: brushless motors are a more advanced technology that produces double the power, run cooler, are more efficient, and much longer-lasting. Brushless motors are typically 85-90% efficient whereas brushed DC motors are around 75-80% efficient. This difference in efficiency means that more of the total power used by the motor is being turned into rotational force and less is being lost as heat. For a more detailed difference simply Google “Brushed vs Brushless Motors”.
Why Buy from Lunar Scooters?
We love our Lunar Scooter riders. Don’t just take our word for it, read all of our honest real customer reviews. We know our electric scooters like no other company. We have 24-hour online email support with trained mechanics to help you with any issue at any time. You can also call us during business hours for help over the phone and get the answers you need. We even video chat (Facetime, Skype, Zoom) for easy over the phone support. We have every single part for our scooters and replacement parts always ship free.
We stay one step above the competition & nobody in the USA beats our customer service & quality.
Click the links below to see our most common frequently asked questions. If you still can’t find an answer to your question, please call us toll-free at 1-877-827-4264.
And of course if you need additional help, please call us toll-free and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.
Once you ride one of the Lunar Scooters you will quickly realize “They’re out of this world.”
* It is the customers’ responsibility to check with their local authority since license laws vary state by state.
** Off-road capability not to be confused with “trail rated” capability. The Lunar Nova™ is best suited for paved surfaces; however, travel on gravel, dirt, and firm sand is possible.
***Distances and speeds are provided solely as estimates
Disclaimer: The Lunar Scooter is intended for mature adult riders ages 16 years and older.
Please visit our returns/warranties and safety page before checking out as well.
Call us toll-free at 1-877-827-4264
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org